Ugh, I wish this wasn't the best carrot cake ever. Even people who don't normally like carrot cake like this stuff......

Cake:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
Mix dry ingredients in bowl. Add oil, mix, add carrots. Mix and add eggs one at a time-beat. Bake at 350 in greased layered pans35-45 min. or sheet pan 45 min.
Icing:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 lb. box conf. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream butter and cream cheese-add sugar, vanilla and nuts. Spread on cooled cake.
54 comments:
So true, Danielle, and your Mother made it for you Dad's birthday and it was out of this world good! Love that recipe, too!
What kind of oil?? Thanks
can I add nuts to the cake mix and how much would you think?
I did about 3/4 cup then used the 1/4 in fronting between layers
Thanks for sharing your family's recipe! I made this cake for Easter and it was delicious!!! A new family favorite for sure!!! :)
I halved the glaze and doubled the icing...it truly was the best carrot cake ever!
Are you missing some ingredients in cake and icing? I baked cake in 9x11 pan and it is not fluffy but flat. Icing needs some liquid-cream or milk to make smooth. Sorry, but not the best cake. Laura
I made this exactly as written and it was perfect. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this exactly as written and it was perfect. Thanks for the recipe!
In my country , there is no cream cheese available..:(
can i prepare it @home?
I love this cake recipe! It's now my go to and I always get complimented on it. It's so moist! (hate that word) Only thing I changed was the icing. I doubled the cream cheese and reduced the powdered sugar because I like a richer, less sweet icing. Thank you so much!
Great Recipe! It's delish!
{Roxy}
Los Angeles
could you substitute apple sauce for the oil?
My cakes bubbled over the sides if the tins. What size do u recommend.
Excellent! One of the best carrot cakes I have made! I followed your instructions except I put walnuts in my cake and not in my frosting. Turned out perfect and everyone I served it to just loved it! Thanks!
I think I'll just sprinkle the chopped nuts on top. also, if I added raisins, do you think a 1/2 c. is a good amount?
I love carrot cake.. ๐๐๐
The picture looks like there are raisins in the cake, are there not?
the icing is a little sweet for my taste, i just fixed it with some lemon juice and grated lemon zest! Its easyyy except the grating, otherwise greaaat!!
Really need to list the type of oil.
Very tasty and rich. I did some tweaks due to lack of? I added 1/4 cup coconut flour(cause I ran out of regular) , used 1 cup sugar and 3/4cup Brown sugar. Also added 1/4cup coconut oil instead of full amount of the. Added a bit of Apple cider ( 2tbsp? ) and raisins. Hubby says this is a keeper
I've made this cake about 4 times since I found your recipe on Pinterest. It really is the absolute best carrot cake recipe ever. Thank you so much for sharing!
It's pretty much a VERY basic carrot cake recipe. There are better on Pinterest. Sorry I won't be "worshiping" you. I only worship the Lord.
I am gluten intolerant so I subbed the flour with equal parts of Pillsbury gf baking flour. For those of you who said it wasn't moist enough, I followed the directions exactly as she wrote them including adding one egg at a time. This really seemed to add to the creaminess. I'm sure it will be great! It is baking now!
I made it exactly as the recipe called to except the nuts and I used GF flour and it was delectable! By far the best carrot cake I've ever had!
I made your carrot cake and it was wonderful!
The icing was especially fantastic! I used my paddle mixer to combine the ingredients and then whisked everything together at a high speed to get a fluffy consistency! My boyfriend and I licked the bowl clean! :)
Thanks for the recipe! Family recipes always taste better because they're passed on with the most love!!
Wow! This cake is delicious. I added 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup pecans. Also, I only used 2 cups confectioners sugar and skipped the nuts in the frosting. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Thank you so much for this! My mom wanted carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. This was super easy for me to make and she loved it!! I am not a super big fan of carrot cake either but this was really good! I put mine in a cake sheet and did half frosting with nuts and half with out as I don't like the nuts. My mom really liked it! Frosting was indeed rich and my mom suggested instead of oil use applesauce. It was really super good! Thanks again!
Thank you so much for this! My mom wanted carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. This was super easy for me to make and she loved it!! I am not a super big fan of carrot cake either but this was really good! I put mine in a cake sheet and did half frosting with nuts and half with out as I don't like the nuts. My mom really liked it! Frosting was indeed rich and my mom suggested instead of oil use applesauce. It was really super good! Thanks again!
I've made this recipe several times and everyone loves it. Such a good recipe the only thing I changed was added way less powdered sugar.
I've made this recipe several times and everyone loves it. Such a good recipe the only thing I changed was added way less powdered sugar.
Sorry---this isn't even close to the best carrot cake. The best carrot cake was served at my wedding and contained crushed pineapple, nuts and raisins. Now THAT was the best carrot cake!
I have made this a few times and everyone absolutely loves it! I didn't even know I liked carrot cake until I had this recipe. It is so delicious!!!
My receipe is similar but I use a an of crushed pinneapple
I had this recipe a long time ago from a lady that used to work in the cafeteria I used to work at..sadly I lost it when I moved but thank God I found it!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!!
how long do you beat the mixture? after the flour is added.
Your butter and cream cheese must be at room temperature. Then beat until almost fluffy. Then slowly add remaining ingredients. If you still need a liquid to thin it out, use milk or better yet, heavy cream. Yum.
Substitute for cream cheese?
This is the best... Way to loose alot of wonderful and sometimes expensive ingredients that could serve for a much better recipe! I'm sorry to you cause it may sound rude but it was the WORST cake that I ever made and I follow the recipe step by step (except the batter was way to crumbly so I had like 1/2 cup of milk) the cake was so oily it looked like I had tried to fried it... Even KFC is less oily than the result that I get. Really disappointed I was having high hopes for this recipe and it really.. disappointing.
This is the best... Way to loose alot of wonderful and sometimes expensive ingredients that could serve for a much better recipe! I'm sorry to you cause it may sound rude but it was the WORST cake that I ever made and I follow the recipe step by step (except the batter was way to crumbly so I had like 1/2 cup of milk) the cake was so oily it looked like I had tried to fried it... Even KFC is less oily than the result that I get. Really disappointed I was having high hopes for this recipe and it really.. disappointing.
Hope this recipe is good, as I ran out of ink printing it! 12 pages for a paragraph recipe...so upset with the site, not bothering to make it, think I will blog about the site instead. Peace n INK OUT!!
Yes best cake every I singing praises to you Thanks for sharing
Yummy cake...I substituted 1/2 cup oil with applesauce & added raisins. Family loves it!!!
This cake looked so good so I just baked it. It looked like it has oil bubbles all around the cake. Just like it was fried. I don’t know what I did wrong.
Which oil do u use
Most use canola or vegetable oil
What size sheet pan?
You can use Canola
9x13
What size cake tin would be best for this recipe?
So true Danielle and. You.
Mother. Made. It
Most.
What a rude comment.
I must have missed the part where she asks you to worship her…
Post a Comment