Friday, August 28, 2009

Chicken Salad With Green Beans, Potatoes, and Peppers

this is yum & so easy.
Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 20m Total Time: 20m
Ingredients
1 pound small new potatoes, halved
8 ounces green beans
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
kosher salt and black pepper
1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
Directions
Cook the potatoes in a steamer basket set over simmering water, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the green beans and cook, covered, until the potatoes and green beans are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Run under cold water to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Divide the chicken, watercress, bell pepper, potatoes, and beans among bowls. Drizzle with the dressing.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Danielle, I LOVED this! I am a subscriber now even though I am dieting and can't eat it. So fun to read and I enjoyed the tips, too! Don't forget to put your fabulous meatloaf on this blog! I use to cook a lot and loved to cook, too. Now there is no motivation for just me!