Monday, May 30, 2011

the yummy breakfast casserole

So I took the normal egg/sausage breakfast casserole, doctored it up a bit and renamed it the yummy breakfast casserole because i'm so clever with naming dishes.
Ingredients:
1 pound pork sausage
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup of milk
1 cup of half and half (you can substitute half and half for an additional cup of milk, but it can make the casserole soggy)
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 big loaf of french bread.......
green onions
love

Directions:
Brown sausage in a pan.

In a large bowl, mix together salt, eggs, milk, half and half about 3 tablespoons of chopped green onions.

Take the large loaf of french bread and cut thick slices (about 1.5 inches). Lay the bread in the pan and make sure it covers it all. I just squish all the entire loaf in the pan.

Layer the cooked pork sausage over the top of the bread.

Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausage and bread.

Finally, layer 2 cups of cheese over the top of the casserole.

Cover the pan and let it sit for 8-12 hours.

In the morning, cook the casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes-1 hour.

2 comments:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh my! This looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it!

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

This looks delicious! I've never heard of a breakfast casserole before... can this idea be any more brilliant?


XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm giving away an Infiniti curling iron and $25 to Sephora on my blog. I would love it if you could check it out!