Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grilled Chicken With Green Beans and Tomatoes

My cousin Stephanie sent this one to me & said it was so good (& I'm all about healthy)! I love cilantro so I'm gonna have to try it. Serves 4
Hands-On Time: 25m
Total Time: 25m
Ingredients
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoons olive oil
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and black pepper
1 pound green beans
4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
Directions
Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Rub the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large bowl, toss the green beans and tomatoes with the remaining oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill the green beans and tomatoes, turning the green beans often and the tomatoes once, until tender and charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with the vinaigrette.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I wanna try this one! I think it is actually one allowed on my diet! I have lost 14 lbs now but not showing up as much as I would like yet. Dedicated to following through though.

Armstrong Family! said...

PS. the grilled bread, zucchini recipe is 10TIMES better than this one! Do you have it posted??? its my all time fav!